With Indian government heading towards digitization, it becoming easier to track the status of any document that you have applied for. This may include the application of PAN card, Aadhar card etc. You can track the current status of your PAN Card online. Below I’ve shown how you can do that easily for all the applications made via NSDL or UTI.
- 1 Ways to know Pan Card Status by Name and Date of birth
- 2 Remember:
Ways to know Pan Card Status by Name and Date of birth
1. You can check your PAN Card Status via SMS
Just send an SMS in the format: NSDLPAN < space > 15 digit Acknowledgement Number to 57575. You will receive an SMS with the current details of your application.
2. You can also check PAN Card status applied via NSDL:
- Go to the NSDL website.
- For Application Type, select the option -‘PAN – New/Change Request’.
- Now click on the circle before ‘ACKNOWLEDGEMENT NUMBER’.
- When you apply for a PAN Card online, you are allotted a 15 digit acknowledgement number.
- Fill in that acknowledgment number.
- And then click on ‘Submit‘.
- There is also a TIN Call Centre on which you can call. The number is 020 -2721 8080 and find out about the recent status of your application.
3. You can check PAN Card status by your name and date of birth (DOB)
You can check the status of your PAN Card application by using your name and date of birth only. Here you don’t even have to fill in the acknowledgment number. Follow the steps given below:
- Go to the NSDL website.
- For Application Type select the option -‘PAN – New/Change Request’.
- Now click on the circle before ‘NAME’.
- Enter your name and date of birth.
- Remember, your name should be exactly same to that you put in the submitted application form.
- You are allowed to check the status of your PAN Card using your name and date of birth after 24 hours of submitting the application online.
4. You can also check your PAN Card status applied through UTI
- Go to the UTI website.
- Enter the 10 digit UTI coupon number that is allotted to you when you submit the PAN Card application.
- Then click on ‘Submit‘.
- You can use these steps to check the status of a new PAN Card, or if you have requested for a change/reprint of PAN Card.
- You must check the status of your PAN Card 5 days after submission of your application and the generation of acknowledgment/coupon number.
- Generally, new PAN Card requests are processed in 15 days, given that the application and documents are found to be in order.
- In the case of Change/Reprint of PAN Card, processing might take 25 days or more.
If you have any suggestions or queries, please leave a comment below.