The Election Commission of India (ECI) is in tandem with the Government of India in simplifying of all the making process of various essential documents. As a result, you won’t have to stand in line to fill various forms and follow the hectic protocols to update your Voter ID card. You can update it by filling a single application form.
You can easily change your residential address on your Voter ID card by filling an application form and attaching your present proof of address to it. Submit this form to the Election Officer of your constituency. This process is called transposing your name. In this process, your name will be shifted from your old constituency’s electoral list to your new constituency and all your other details will be retained.
The ECI has also introduced an online application process to do the same. Therefore, updating your Voter ID card has become fast, easy, and convenient. To update your address on your Voter ID card, just follow the steps given below:
Steps to How To Change Address In Voter ID Card
- Go to the official website of National Voters Services Portal.
- Now click on “Apply online for registration of new voter/due to shifting from AC” link.
- Now select Form 8A from the options available and the online form will be displayed on a new tab.
- Fill all the details required on this form correctly with your new address.
- Now upload your new address proof document which can be Aadhaar card, driving license, passbook or any other government-issued document that has your new address.
- Now check the form once to see if there are any mistakes. If all the details are correct, then submit the form online.
- You will then get a reference number for your application. You can use this reference number to track the progress of your application online.
Once you have submitted your application, it will be verified by the electoral officers. Once all your information is verified and validated, a new Voter ID card with your current address will be sent to you.
Hope you found this article useful. For further queries or suggestions, please leave a comment below.