SBI offers net banking facility that allows the account holders to transfer money to other accounts or pay bills etc online. Security is a big concern here, therefore, SBI net banking account has two different passwords which are account and profile password respectively.
You need to enter the Username and Account password to login to your net banking account. The Profile password is required for important functions like adding, deleting or modifying beneficiaries, updating personal information etc. You have to set both these passwords along with your Username when you first create the sbi net banking account.
It is mandatory to have more than 8 characters long which include at least 1 capital and 1 small letter as well has 1 number and a special symbol. All this make the passwords very complicated and hard to remember. It is very important to not forget these passwords but in case you forget them, then below are the ways using which you can recover them easily.
- 1 How To Recover SBI Net Banking Account/Login Password
- 2 How To Recover SBI Profile Password
How To Recover SBI Net Banking Account/Login Password
- Go to onlinesbi.
- Enter your Username and then click on “Forgot Login Password”.
- On the new page, click on “Forgot My Login Password”.
- Enter the required details like your username, registered mobile number, date of birth and the captcha text. Now click “Submit” to submit this form and continue.
- You will receive an SMS on your registered mobile number with an OTP. Enter this OTP and click “Confirm”.
There are 2 options to recover your account or login password. You can either use your profile password to reset it or you can request the bank for a new password.
A] Reset Password By Using Profile Password
This is the easier and faster method to reset your SBI Login or Account password given the fact that you remember the profile password. Follow these steps:
- Now select “Remember your profile password”.
- It will ask for your profile password. Enter it and click “Submit”.
- Now it will take you to a new page where you will have to enter your new SBI Login password and then confirm it by entering it again.
- Your SBI online login or account password has now been successfully reset.
B] Reset Password By Using Mail
If you have forgotten your profile password as well, then you can reset your SBI Login or Account password by using postal service. Just follow these steps:
- Now select “Forgot profile password”.
- You can either go to the bank and request them to reset your account password or just request the bank to send you a new password on your address through post. So, there are 2 options accordingly: “Reset login password at the bank” or “Receive new login password by Post”.
- Select the option that suits you the best.
How To Recover SBI Profile Password
As I have stated earlier the importance of Profile password, it is important that you remember it all the time. However, if you do forget it, then you can reset it by going through the following steps:
- Go to onlinesbi and login to your account.
- Now click on “Profile” tab which is at the top.
- Select any of the given functions, say “Manage Beneficiary”.
- It will now ask you to enter your Profile password.
- Click on “Forgot profile password”.
Now again there are 2 ways of resetting your profile password. You can either answer the security question (you selected this question and answer while creating your account) or contact the bank.
A] Answer The Security Question To Reset The SBI Profile Password
When you select this option, the question that you selected while creating your account will be displayed. You have to answer it and then click on “Submit”.
If the answer is correct then you will be taken to a new page where you can enter your new SBI profile password and reset it.
B] Reset The SBI Profile Password By Contacting The Bank
If you cannot remember the security question’s answer, then you have to contact the bank. Follow these steps:
- Click on “please click here” which is against “If you have not set the hint question….” that is below the security question.
- Now select your branch name and click “Submit”.
You will get a message that will give you the reference number. Go to your branch along with this reference number and the bank will reset your Profile password.