Many complaints have come that people are not being able to download their passbook. In this article, I will show you how you can download it successfully.
The Employees Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) has moved its portal recently to a new Unified Provident Fund Portal. Due to this transition, many would’ve faced problems while using the website. The new website is now fully functional and it is unlikely that you will face problems now. This new website is designed to be more user-friendly and simple to use.
Unable To Download EPF UAN Passbook
- Once you have done your registration, your EPF passbook will be available for you to view or download after 24 hours on the UAN portal.
- Even when you change your credentials, you will have to wait for 24 hours to view or download your EPF passbook.
- Unless your employer uploads an electric challan on the EPFO portal, you may not be able to download your EPF passbook.
- Like all websites, this website also has technical issues and needs maintenance. Therefore, if you try to use the site during such a period then you may not be able to do your task.
- You can predict heavy traffic on the website generally from 10 am to 4 pm. Therefore, the website may not respond as quickly as you want. Therefore, if it is not urgent, then use the website outside of these hours. Night time seems the best time for doing your work.
- Once you have submitted the request, you should wait for around 4 days. If you still don’t get the desired response, then you can use their helpline to register your complaint.
- Their helpline Toll-Free Number is 1800118005. They will help you with the download issue of your passbook. Just keep in mind that you have to make a call through your registered mobile number only. The helpline is active from 9:15 am till 5:45 pm. And don’t forget the fact that it has huge traffic, therefore, you may have to wait for some time or have to keep trying later.
There are lots of complaints from the users about the server down issue of UAN website. Therefore, if you aren’t able to view the website for a long time, don’t worry. Simply call the helpline and follow their instructions.
There are some common issues that users face frequently. Some of them are discussed below:
1] Cannot change the password of EPF UAN Portal – UAN Helpdesk
- Check if you have entered the correct pin number.
- People often click on “New Password” instead of “Confirm Password”. So check before you click.
2] (Error) Unable to reach this site UAN EPF Portal – UAN Helpdesk
- If this error occurs then try opening other websites. If it shows the same error then there is a problem with your internet connection.
- If your internet is working fine, then it means that the EPF UAN server is down. So you will have to try after some time.
3] (Error) Close Connection EPF UAN Portal – UAN Helpdesk
- This is clearly a server error from the UAN EPF server. You will have to try later.
- It is merely a technical error which will be resolved in a short time. It has nothing to do with you, so don’t worry.
EPFO Android App – UAN Helpdesk
EPFO also has developed an Android app that you can install on your Android smartphones from the Google Play store. Once your UAN is activated, you can view your passbook on the app itself. This app is a great alternative to the otherwise problematic website. But remember that you need to have your UAN activated to use this app. Therefore, get your UAN activated to use this app.
Hope this article answers your queries. But if you still have other queries or suggestions then please comment in the below section.