The National Pension Scheme or NPS was implemented on 1st Jan 2004 with the sole intention of giving financial returns to the retired employees. This is a great savings scheme for all the employees who are working right now. When they get retired, they will be able to secure a fix pension each month all their remaining life.
Let’s get into the details of this NPS scheme. There are two types of accounts in this scheme, they are Tier I and Tier II accounts. Tier I is a retirement account from which you cannot withdraw any amount until you retire. Whereas, Tier II account allows you to withdraw your savings money whenever you want. Both have its advantages and disadvantages.
How to Log Into NPS Portal For Tier I and Tier II Accounts
1] National Pension Scheme Website
- Go to the official website of NPS which is NSDL i.e. National Securities Depository Limited. Click here to go to this website.
- On the top right corner, click on “Login”. A pop-up of Member Login will open asking you to click on Nodal Office, POP-SP, Subscribers etc.
- Go to the subscriber’s box and enter your user ID and password.
2] Enter Your Details
- You need to enter your 12-digit unique PRAN number on the User ID box that you get from NSDL.
- Then click on I-PIN and e-NPS will generate an OTP and send it to your registered number. Enter that OTP here.
- You will then be redirected to a new page where you can set up your password.
- Enter your personal details including your PRAN number in the appropriate places.
- Those who have subscribed through e-NPS (using Aadhaar) have to mention their full name in First Name section only and nowhere else.
- Once you’re done filling your details, enter your new password and then confirm it by entering it again in the following box. Enter the Captcha as shown in that image and click ‘Generate OTP’.
- You will receive the SMS on your registered number to inform you that your password was successfully changed.
- Again go to the Login page and this time use your User ID and your new password and click on ‘Submit’.
- You will then be redirected to a dashboard which will show all your details regarding your account.
National Pension Scheme – NSDL Menu Options
Once you log into your account you will see a menu which will have a lot of options for you to complete your desired tasks. Below is the list of things that you can do –
- Change your Password.
- Change your security question and answer. (This helps you to log into your account when you have forgotten your password, therefore, don’t tell it to anyone.)
- One way switch
- Scheme Preference Change (If you want to change your investment scheme).
- Initiate Conditional Withdrawal.(This is only for people with Tier II accounts).
3] Account Details
- All the personal details of your NPS account.
- Log Grievance Request: When you want to raise a complaint or grievance using T-PIN through Call Center.
- Grievance Status View: You can check the status of your complaint here.
5] Transaction Statement
- Transaction Statement: To check all your transactions history and also the current status of an ongoing transaction.
- Holding Statement: You can check the history and current status of the Fund Manager.
6] Exit Withdrawal Request
This is a request when you want to exit from NPS.
7] User Maintenance
Use this to change your photograph, signature, nomination details, or want to reissue I-PIN or T-PIN, and want to reprint your PRAN card.
8] Update Details
Use this to update your personal and account details.
9] Contribute Online
When you want to deposit some amount along with completely filled N-CIS (NPS Contribution – Instruction Slip) to any of the POP-SP (Points Of Presence- Service Providers).
If you have any queries or suggestions then please leave a comment below.