How Can You Register, Activate & Log Into The UAN Member Portal
In the following article, I will show you how to Register, Activate & Log into the UAN Member Portal. UAN or Universal Account Number is a 12-digit unique number given to every employee who is registered under the Employees Provident Fund scheme. UAN integrates all the PF accounts of an employee and it simplifies all the processes. UAN also reduces your dependency on your employer for making withdrawals from the PF account. This also helps authorities curb defaulters. Once you get your UAN (to know how you can get your UAN, Click Here), you have to activate it.
Benefits Of Activating UAN And Registering It On The UAN Member Portal
By activating UAN and registering on the member portal allows you to access all the online facilities as listed below:
- Check your UAN status
- Check your PF status
- Download the PF passbook
- Track the status of claim for withdrawal
- Update or make changes to your KYC information.
Steps To Activate UAN And Register It
- Go to the EPFO website.
- Click on “Activate UAN” which is on the right side below username and password.
- It will then redirect you to a page where you will have to fill up all your details in the form.
- You can activate UAN you have to enter either of your UAN, PAN, Aadhar card or EPF member ID.
- Fill in all your other necessary details like Date Of Birth, mobile number etc.
- Note that you should enter your permanent mobile number as you will need that in case you forget the password and need to reset it.
- After that, enter the captcha and click on ‘Get Authorization Pin‘.
- A PIN number will then be sent to your mobile number. Enter that PIN and click on “Submit”.
- On clicking “Submit”, all the details of your form will be displayed for you to verify it.
- Create a password after that.
- The password should be a combination of words, numbers, special characters and should be 8-25 characters long.
- It is very important that you remember this password as you will need it to log into the UAN member portal.
- Enter your E-mail address and then click on “Submit”.
- An SMS for confirmation will be sent to your mobile number.
How Can You Login On The UAN Member Portal
Once you have completed the above process, you can now log into the UAN member portal using the steps given below:
- Go to EPFO website.
- There is the Login option on the right-hand side of the page.
- Enter your UAN, password, and the Captcha and then click on “Sign in” tab.
- You will be taken to your profile where you can check all the details and current status.
- If you forgot your password, click on ‘Forgot your password‘. It will allow you to reset your password using OTP that will be sent to your registered mobile number.
The Dashboard Of UAN Member Portal
The following options are at your disposal when you log into the UAN member portal on the dashboard.
1] Below Download:
- Download your EPF passbook
- Download your UAN card
2] Below Previous Member-IDs:
- List of all the Previous Member IDs
- View current Status
3] Below Transfer Claim:
- File Transfer Claim
- View the Transfer Claim Status
- View the System Generated Transfer Claim Status
4] Below Profile:
- Edit your Mobile Number
- Edit your Email Id
- Update your KYC Information
- Change the Password
- Edit your Personal Details
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
5] Below Contact Us:
- Helpdesk Email
- Helpdesk Number
To avail all these benefits and facilities, get your UAN and activate and register on the UAN member portal as soon as you can. If you have any suggestions, please leave a comment below.